Monday 9 January 2012

CHROMIUM

Ladies this is the start of our supplement week. I will be going through 7 minerals, vitamins, supplements that I take or want to start taking because they are helpful with PCOS. To be honest, I believe part of my weight loss and weight managment has to do with the supplements I take. Supplements give our body adequate amounts of nuturions we are not getting. Supplements go on sale, and you can get vitamins, and minerals at cheap prices from time to time. I hope you enjoy this week, and feel free to share supplements you take! Our first supplement today does alot for women with PCOS, and I am going to get myself some this Friday.
CHROMIUM!!

Chromium is an essential mineral that helps us manage our insulin activity surrounding carbohydrates, fat, and protein metabolism. 200 mcg is recommended daily, or 1000 mcg daily of chromium picolinate for 2 months. This mineral touches on so many issues PCOS may bring why not add it into your daily routine? Chromium falls into the list of long types of treatments for PCOS under the vitamins, and minerals part. Ladies many of us have used this and seem some benefits.

Benefits*:
  • Improve blood sugar control
  • reduce insulin resistance
  • reduce risk of cardio disease
  • reduce risk of type 2 diabetes
  • help cholesterol by improving good cholesterol
  • supports our ovarian health
  • weight loss

Foods provide us with chromium aswell. Broccoli, Orange juice, Turkey breast, 5 ounces of red wine, beef cubes 3 ounces, 2 pieces of whole wheat bread, and 1 tablespoon of dried basil.

Ladies I don't know about you but I'm on my new years resolutions, and one of them was to lose the 10 pounds I gained over christmas! Chromium might just be a aid in helping me do that.  For those of you asking questions about how you can help your ovarian health to reduce chances of diseases this is also and answer you are looking for.  Heart disease, and type 2 diabetes are all to common for us, why dont you take a leap before it occurs and use CHROMIUM.

 Enjoy Ladies, your friend Court!

I promised a Cyster I would advise her of certain PCOS friendly books so check out the bottom of the page each day for a new PCOS friendly book!

"New Atkins for a New You: The Ultimate Diet for Shedding Weight and Feeling Great."

Atkins is the way I started low carbing/no carbing! you can find this book on ebay, amazon, and kijiji. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment