Wednesday 4 January 2012

Cysts On Ovaries..*

aaahhh, Mom I cant walk. It hurts!! I think I have to go to the hospital I can't stop crying because I am in soo much pain. MOM!!! help me my stomach hurts, and I am bleeding alot!!! Yes, I have my period its been 6months since I last got it. My friends are coming over but I can not stand or walk. Please help me. The tylenol does not help.

This was the day an ovarian cyst popped on me. My mom thought I was having a miscarridge but I knew it was something else because I was unable to get pregnant. I went to my doctor after this and he recommended a ultrasound it was than that I found out I had cysts all over my ovaries.


*Ovarian Cysts*

Our ovaries are our pair of organs we have in our reproductive system. Our ovaries are what are incharge of releasing eggs, and our female supply of hormones. Hormones are chemicals that control how cells, and organs function.

The homones in our ovaries affect:
  • pregnancy
  • menstral cycles
  • body shape
  • way our breasts and body hair grows.
A cyst is a fluid filled sac. The type us ladies have is Polycystic. Our cysts are caused due to eggs maturing in our sacs (ovaries are the size of an almond) and not being released. This cycle will last until you do something about it. It just repeats itself causing us to not ovulate or have our menstral cycle. Our sacs grow as numerous cysts appear all over it.  However, just because you were told you have cysts on your ovaries it does not mean you have PCOS.In my case I was not that lucky.

Symptoms of cysts on your ovaries

Pain during sex
pressure, swelling pain on abdomen
pain during period
weight gain
** The pain maybe cause by the size of a cyst, bleeding, or bursting of a cyst**

Cysts on our ovaries are found in different ways. The way mine were found was from an ultrasound. You could also get a blood test done to tell you if you have cysts on your ovaries or a hormone level test. There are ways to treat cysts. Excercise and weight loss is key for removal of cysts if you would like to try it the way without meds. Birth control can regulate periods and clear up your cysts. Than as a last resort surgery is available (LAPAROSCOPY). I would recommend trying to get rid of your cysts first by just changing your lifestyle and gradually working on it. If cysts are left for long periods of time we are at risk of ovarian cancer. Also like I stated there are many different types of cysts they are not all polycystic ones that us women may encounter in our lives. Some cysts that are not polycystic go away on their own after three months.

So, if you are in as much pain as I was, rarely getting your periods, and are in pain during intercourse, SHARE IT WITH YOUR DOCTOR! GO GET CHECKED!

your friend Court. 

No comments:

Post a Comment