Sunday 20 November 2011

Hot Flashes*

I started work today at 8 am, and within a half hour I started having real bad cramps and burning up. I was only wearing a t-shirt and everyone else was wearing sweaters yet I was stilll hot. I worked for about an hour before I felt wozzy, and like I was going to vommit because I was so hot. I told my supervisor what was happening and was sent home sick. After being at home for awhile I had diarreah all day and was still feeling nausea. I have heard Pcos shares common symptoms with early menopause, and I have experienced hot flashes before but not recently. When I just started taking Spirnolactone, and I would faint i would get real hot prior to fainting, however I did not feel like I was going to faint today. My thyroid has been checked by my doctor and they said the results on that were fine, and I am aware having thyroid issues causes hot flashes, but that is not my case. Women I have spoke with that also have pcos tell me they experience hot flashes aswell, although this is not a common symptom it still is a pcos symptom. From my understanding we experience hot flashes and they are normal for pcos women because our hormones fluctuate because we have pcos and sometimes go all out of wack causing us women to experience the unwelcome hotflashes that I absolutely hate.

Certain ways to avoid hotflashes:
  • diet & excercise in combination with the pill
  • evening primrose oil
  • vitex may help
  • black cohosh
  • and checking thyroid
Vitex
- Also known as chaste tree or chasteberry is a well known herb that has been used for centuries for hormonal imbalances in women. This herb can be taken daily up to 18 mnths unless pregnancy occurs, and also may take up to 3 month to see results. you can use vitex in an extract or in liquid droplets.

Benefits:
  • corrects menstral cycles
  • hot flashes
  • helps with acne
  • fertility improved
  • regulates balance of estrogen and proestrogen
  • depression relief
  • reduce chance of miscarriage
  • gets rid of the cysts on the ovaries
If you notice diet and excercise are said to help all of our symptoms. Due to the fact I am at a weight that I enjoy and do not want to lose more weight I believe my choice is going to be to get a little more physical daily by excercising.  Hopefully this helped some of you ladies out and gave you info on hot flashes that come with pcos. :)

Chow,
Court

No comments:

Post a Comment