Monday 14 November 2011

Sherbrooke Quebec & Anxiety

Today my girlfriends family is taking me to Sherbrooke Quebec  for her grandmothers 75th Birthday. I woke up at 7:00am pretty excited but still a little nervous to go. I have only met family that lives close at this point, so I am aware I will be seeing many new faces which makes me nervous. The road trip from Prescott Ontario to Sherbrooke is 3.5 hours, so I managed to take lots of road trip photos and write a little on the drive. We got to Sherbrooke at 1pm, and me and my girlfriend decided to do a little site seeing in the little town. We went into a very old unique book store because I love books, an antique store, and a nutrional health store. I had been looking into the supplement Maca forawhile now so I was intrigued when I found it. I asked the women what she knows about the product and it was exactly what I knew, so I went ahead and bought it. The woman told me it would balance out horomones, give energy, and stabilize periods..just what I need! After that we went to her uncles house where we were sleeping and got ready for the party. At 3 we left for the party to get there before dinner and to see/meet family. When I walked into the big country house her other uncle owned I felt so out of place, I felt like people were staring at my hair because I'm selfconcious about it, and I remembered I forgot to take my anxiety Ciriplex today. With Pcos being a extremely frustrating condition because it affects so many areas of our lives I have developed anxiety. Hormonal changes caused by pcos could possibly be the cause of my anxiety, or it may be the elevated levels of testosteron that affect my mood that make me more anxious. People that are diebetic also have cases of anxiety, and due to the similarity with this and pcos Insulin Resistance is also thought to be a possible cause of anxiety. My symptom has created me to be anxious, and that is the hairloss symptom I experience. I am told over and over I am crazy by my girlfriend that I have plenty of hair, but as any other woman I can tell I've lost a sufficent amount of hair. Probably at least 50% of the hair I did have. I used to have extremely thick hair and now in some spots I can see through my hair, and this makes me anxious and depressed but I try to cope the best I can. Many other symptoms can cause anxiety such as weight, hair growth, discolouration of skin, unfertility, and acne. Due to the fact I am at a family gathering I realize there is not much I can do but just be myself. I started mingling and getting to know her family which made me relax a little, and enjoy myself. By dinner time I no longer wanted to run out the front door, and leave my girlfriend there I felt more comfortable. If I am feeling anxious in a place with less people I would of tired to do some anxiety reduction techniques or occupied myself. After the party ended we went back to her uncles and two of her cousins came. We ended up playing XBOX Kinect which I totally recommend for anyone trying to fit more excercise into there day. I played a dance off game, and wipe out both of these games made me sweat. Right after the game we went straight to bed because we were so tired out from our long day. I had a great time in Quebec.

No comments:

Post a Comment