Sunday 27 November 2011

Stress Management

Ugh, I have soo much on my mind I don't know what to do!! Money, Bills, Work, Family, car, school, health, my hair falling out, my acne break outs, the hair on my face, and the fact that I have been trying to have a kid what seems like forever not to mention I can not lose this weight!! My minds always racing I have trouble sleeping, and I now find that I always have so much on my mind that I have become anxious in large groups of people..What happened to me?

Does this sound like you? On some days it sounds like me too! I believe the definition for all this fun stuff is called STRESS..the key to it all is figuring out how to manage it all. That is where Stress Management comes in.


With Pcos cysters stress can be one of our main symptoms. It could be the reason were not losing weight, the reason were beign eatting, the reason we are having trouble having children, the reason we've developed anxiety, and the reason we become depressed. In order to improve Pcos it is crucial to control our stress to help relieve symptoms of pcos or even eliminate some. Stress fits right in with Nutrition, Excercise, and sleep when we are trying to manage our PCOS.

When I'm stressed out the things I do to relieve stress are: visit friends/family, write, read, play video games, scrapbook, atv, drink wine with my girlfriend, cook, play with my cats, or just get out like shopping.

Other things that relieve stress...
  • Green Tea
  • Taking breaks
  • using humor
  • excercise (YOGA)
  • mediation
  • better communication
  • reviewing your priorities in life
  • removing stressful situations/people/objects out of your life
  • taking care of your body
  • expressing your feelings
  • wearing comfortable clothes
  • Eatting meals slowly
  • avoid being overwhelmed
  • sleep
  • good attitude
  • change your point of view
It all seems pretty straight forward right? Well take a look at the list mine, and other stress relievers how many of those can you say you do more that 5 times a week? I like to give myself me time everyday weather it be to just gather my thoughts, sit by the river, or read It really does help. Once you reduce the stress in your life you will be able to work on the things you were previously stressed out about.

Stress is not good for your health overall. When you have pcos if your always letting out the stress hormone CORTISOL it can contribute to anxiety, and depression.Stress hormones make blood pressure, heart rate, and blood sugar levels rise. Stress affects our overall health.. so don't let stress be your downfall.

Negatives of Stress...
  • Stress increases eatting
  • weight gain
  • cysts
  • depression
  • anxiety
  • less sexual desire
  • affects fertility by affecting your reproductive system
  • stress hormone cortisol contributes to belly fat
  • Heart disease
  • Acne
  • menstral problems

No comments:

Post a Comment