Wednesday 16 November 2011

Low Carbing/ Healthy Eatting

Hey Cyster's
     I just wanted to share I was 161 when the doctors told me I had to loss weight to relieve my symptoms of pcos. I was never obese or did I look extremely big but they said that would help with hairloss. I decieded to change my life around and stick to low carbing. I still eat junk every once in awhile because I still like to enjoy my life. I now weigh 130 and my mother keeps asking me if I am bulimic! No mom I answer I eat well. Whenever I eat breads or pasta's I try and go with a whole wheat instead of a white flour choice. I have realized carbs of an item minus the fibre intake in the that item so foods high in fibre are still good for us!.. I chose to eat alot of eggs, did an all egg white for 2 weeks because too much yolk is not good for anyone.I drink lots of water, and try to drink two cups of green tea a day. I also enjoy spearmint, and peppermint tea. I avoid potatoes rice and corn because they are all strachy foods, and try to stick to the leafy green veggies, and carrots, cucumber, celery, califlower, mushrooms, and green beans. I lost 20 pounds in two weeks by cutting out all fruits for the first week because they contain natural sugar. I only drank water and green tea. I ate fish chicken eggs pickles olives cheese tuna, and veggies. Condiments are also high in carbs, and sugars so I avoided using them other than Mayo. Hellmans mayo has 0 carbs in it and is great to mix with tuna. I did not excercise when I lost this weight just changed my eatting habits. I have managed to keep the weight off a year and trust me it is noticable. I have a busy schedule now so get my excercise through my daily schedule I do however plan to get a gym membership this winter to just have another thing to keep me occupied. While I was in my first 2 weeks of low carbing I craved pizza so used the egg pizza reciepe.

EGG PIZZA:

  • EGG whites
  • pizza sauce
  • cheese
  • mushrooms
  • green peppers
  • chicken
  • green olives
You pour an egg white carton into the bottom of a pan stick it in the oven for 10-15 mins the eggs bake and than you pour pizza sauce on it and chop up all toppings you want on your pizza and top it off with cheese, and than bake for 5 more minutes. 

When I heard of this reciepe I thought it was be awful but it was amazing, and loaded with protein! I want to mention when you are low carbing High protein levels are great aswell because with barely any carbs, and lots of protein your body turns into a fat burner. I did not watch anything but the carb intake on items for the first two weeks, and than started introducing fruit to my body again! It worked for me give it a try :) Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment