Tuesday 6 December 2011

Cinnamon

I like it spicy, I like it sweet, I like it warm, I like it in many different forms... I like it when I drink my tea, I like it when I eat my cereal...I like it before I go to bed, I like it when I get up.. I like it when I'm sick, I like it when I'm fine..I like it cold,I will like it when I am old, When I see it out its sold.. CINNAMON!!

I put cinnamon sticks in my green tea or peppermint tea, I put ground cinnamon in with my ground beef or on my pork chops, I mix it in with what ever I am having on bread such as peanut butter/ butter,it is great in cereal, or poridge.. I put it on my fruit. **Remember when I say bread I am eatting whole wheat or multigrain.** It is easy to add cinnamon to your cooking with other spices and is very good for you.

The definition of cinnamon is the dried aromatic bark of a certain tropical Asian trees, often ground and used as a spice. It is true cinnamon is used as a spice but it you let it sit in a herbal tea for long enough it gives it a sweet flavour.

When it comes to pcos and relating cinnamon to it..it's easy. Cinnamon is used for insuline resistant which alot of us cysters are, and it helps with diseases such as diabetes. It has the ability to reduce blood sugar, which is a great help and needed with people that have prediabetes. It also has a great affect on lower glucose levels that prevent diabetes. You can take cinnamon in many forms the bark, grounded, pill form.

If you are having trouble with Metformin or are unable to take it try cinnamon. Although I am already on met I still add little bits of cinnamon to my daily food intake. Without using metformin you can take the bill form of 2000mg a day. If you are on Metformin I would recommend a lot less than that.

Benefits:
  • cure prediabetes
  • antioxidant which cleans your body of toxins
  • helps menstral cramps
  • helps Insulin resistance
  • plays same roll as Metformin
If you are taking cinnamon and Metformin at the same time like me realize they do some different things. Cinnamon lowers blood sugar levels and Metformin reduces insulin resistance. The thing is you just can not use too much cinnamon or you will have a dramatic blood sugar drop.

Cinnamon being an antioxidant does exactly what it says prevents oxidization reactions in the body. Oxidization in our body leads to free radicals that are bad and can contribute to disease, and aging. They do not only remove the free radicals but repair what they have done. You can get antioxidants in tastey foods such as cinnamon! Brocolli, Sunflower seeds, almonds.

This doesnt mean eat anything you see at Tim Hortons or other fast food/ dessert places with Cinnamon..DUH common silly... It means add Cinnamon to things you think it would taste good on.

No comments:

Post a Comment