Thursday 29 December 2011

Vitamin B / and deficiency*

I had something to do today but Im way too tired.. and on top of that I forget what it was I had to do.Maybe if I take a nap I will have more energy and remember. I've slept for 4 hours and still feel weak I am wondering where my family is and why I am in bed I forget everything!  If this sounds like you, you may have a vitamin B deficiency.

Are you getting the right amount of B vitamins? Are you eatting the right things that provid us with vitamin B? Do you know all the vitamin B's that are important to us women with PCOS? Do you eat eggs, beef, or seafood? Do you know the signs of vitamin B deficiency?

B vitamins are important for helping us correct all our symptoms with pcos. I take a multivitamin a b12, and biotin supplments. With weight associated with PCOS vitamins B2,B3,B5,and B6 help us control our weight and shed unwanted pounds. Breaking it down. B2 turns the fats, sugars, and protein we consume into energy. B3 is used for gluscose tolerance and everytime our blood sugars rise this is released. With B3 in our bodies it allows us to keep everything balanced. B5 helps with our weight loss because it controls our fat metabolism and promotes loss of weight. B6 is needed to keep all our hormones balanced.  Now we combine some of the B vitamins such as B6,B2, and B3 and this helps us maintain our thyroid hormones.

Metformin causes us women with PCOS to form vitamin B12 defieciency. This defieciency may cause brain and nervous system damage. The metformin doses we are taking may affect our ability to apsorb vitamin B12. Women with PCOS tend to take higher doses of metformin compared to those with diabetes due to their weight. Vitamin B12 is a water Soluble vitamin and is needed for proper red blood cell formation, and brain functioning. Us women with PCOS are also at a higher risk of devolping heart disease, and guess what? Vitamin B12 deficiency only makes our odds higher at getting heart disease.

Deficiency Signs**
  • Anemia
  • Infertility
  • Chronic Fatigue
  • Memory loss
  • Confusion
  • Tingling in hands or feet
We can get adequate amounts of vitamin B12 from animal foods such as eggs, seafood, beef and diary products. Supplements such as Multivitamins, B12 vitamins, Biotin,B complex supplements, B2, b3, B5, B6 may also be needed and are all easy to find at your local drug store.

Women who are having trouble concieving may need to level out their deficiency before they have luck on their TTCjournies.Also women that are pregnant need more vitamin B12 because it helps the babies brain, and body grow and build.

I myself take biotin another Vitamin B because in many of the womans success stories of hair regrowth this was part of the treatment. Also before taking it I felt like my nails did not grow and since starting the supplement religiously I have nails! My toenails grow too fast now (n) but hey at least  I am experiencing progress. B vitamins allow us to turn things and foods into energy along with Biotin. When you have proper amounts of Biotin in your body your nerve tissues, sweat glands, and bone marrow are all functioning at their best. Biotin is responsible for breaking down the carbrohydrate we eat which also makes it a help in keeping our blood sugar levels in check.

So ladies DO NOT FORGET!! Vitamin B's are crucial to us to help relieve the awful symptoms we are faced with. Do yourself a favour take supplements, and eat those eggs.
Your friend Court.

No comments:

Post a Comment