Wednesday 21 December 2011

Excercise!!

 Work those abs, work those thighs, DO YOU FEEL THE BURN? work those butts, work those calves, work those arms, DO YOU FEEL THE BURN? Make your heart race, go faster, alright now slow it down , CAN YOU FEEL IT? 20 minutes, 30 minutes, 45 minutes, DONT GIVE UP GET IT DONE. do you feel it in your muscles? do they ache? The more you feel it the more its working LADIES! Get off the Couch get out of the house FEEL THE BURN! And whatever you do.. DONT GIVE UP!!

So ladies, I have went over healthy eatting and that form of weight lose but with that I encourage you to incooperate some excercise. Little is better than nothing and than as you go you can build your way up to longer length of time more difficult work outs. How I started was by doing little cardio on the treadmill starting at 15 minutes running some and walking some, and I took it up to 30 minutes of just running. When I started I was aware I had little muscle on my body and muscle helps you lose fat so I did that little bit of cardio than did arm weights, and leg weights, also used some of the ab machines at the gym. But that is where I spent most of my time when beginning to workout was building muscle.

I also checked out YOUTUBE videos for butt and leg excercise because lets face it most of us women do not have the bodies we want with PCOS and I always think my butt is too small. I started doing lounges and they hurt. Walking up the stairs in college I could feel the burn the next day. I chose to watch YOUTUBE excecise videos and Bought two excericse DVD'S. Yes, I bought a dancing one but that is still working out, and it was a lot of fun.

With PCOS ladies really anytype of activity will benefit us. How many of you are prediabetic? Excecise in anyform will help with this also it will help with your insulin resistance.

To incooperate aerobic excercise into your life style you can swim laps, run on the treadmill, take walks until you are ready to run, use the stair climbing machine( I love this one). Once you get used to excercise it is said for best results do aerobic excercise 5 days a week for 60 minutes. 

Strength training is one of the best tool a girl like us can have for weight loss. Each pound of muscle you have in your body burns 35 calaroies a day,so the more muscle we have the more calories we burn. Due to the fact you need some time for your muscles to build it is only recommended we do strength training like every other day for 30 minutes. You can do squates, lunges, free weights, situps, or pushups.

Interval Training is another way you can maximize your weight loss. This type of training will allow for you to do less cardio when need because you go harder for a short period of time. At the gym around me there are many group activities such as kickboxing, power cycle, yoga, power burn and alot of these leave you feeling exhausted after 30 minutes. They work out almost every muscle in your body, and allow you to meet new people, and have a good time. This type of training breaks it down into intervals so, you go slow, than fast, than slow, than real fast. It is the type of excercising we need it gets our hearts going.

So inorder for us to be on the right track with our PCOS wether it be we are trying to concieve, trying to just lose weight, trying to relieve symptoms, or trying to no longer be predieabetic we need to have some sort of weight loss, and excercise is key. I know it may be hard at the start but with continuous trying your body will get used to it. SO ladies I want one of your newyears resolutions to be excercise and stick to it. If you dont have a gym membership GET ONE!..if you have one Go more than you do OR stay longer...And if your just beginning get a dog so you are forced to go on some sort of walks and trust me you will learn to enjoy them!

Your friend Court.

No comments:

Post a Comment