Friday 2 December 2011

Weight Management!!! How to keep it off....

You still look like a tooth pick..GIRL how'd you do that? You lost weight and your kept it off incredible. I've been trying to manage my weight forever but it seems once I lose weight I gain it back shortly after. What are you secerets?

I walk, I am constantly busy, I have hobbies, I limit candy..if not try to avoid it, I drink my teas without sugar, i avoid dairy but cheese, I make substitutions, I decrease portions, I take vitamins, I take supplements, I take metformin, and I sleep when I can!

First, as you ladies know I did the low carbing/ no carbing thing for 2 weeks and than I did it for most of the 3rd week even though I lost 20 pounds in the first two weeks. When the low carbing/no carbing went well for me I chose to add things back slowly. I would eat a yougurt parfait with blueberries, raseberries or strawberries. I still tried to stick with fruits lower in sugar than the others. So berries are always a go bet. I know this may sound dumb but I chose subway or mr sub over other fast foods, and at the start of adding carbs back I would get a footlong but take off the top piece of bread so pretty much the same amount of bread as a 6 inch but more protein! When I do not have time to eat I drink a whey isolate protein shake in the day, one scoop is only .5 carbs. I still eat tons of veggies they are still my favorite however I took a month off eatting salad after eatting usually twice a day when I was doing low carb/ no carbing. I drink tons of water, and still avoid juices, but I do drink a little pop everyonce inawhile as a treat( I love ROOTBEER)! I go out to eat, and if fries are included I try and swap for sweet potatoe fries. Whenever I eat bread or pasta I go with whole wheat or multigrain. I never really liked rice so that wasnt a biggie. I eat potatoes only at family dinners and have a small amount.

Every morning I take my metformin, Spirolactone, 2 vitamin d's, 2 biotins, 1 vitamin e, and 1 multivitamin.

At dinner I take one metformin, 1 spirnolactone, 2 biotin, 1 vitamin B complex, 1 B12

And somewhere in between with a snack I take an iron supplement, maca, and saw palmetto or and birth control.

Lots of pills eh! My sister always cracks jokes what are you like 70! My mom thinks its cute:) haha

One huge thing I still do is never skip a meal! This keeps my bloodsugar normal. I drink tea like peppermint/spearmint that gets rid of my cravings. Cinnamon also helps control craving and I add that to my greentea. If I am still hungry after eatting I occupy myself in another one of my hobbies such as writting :)  I still eat lots of hard boiled eggs..mmm... and I walk alot! I am a child and youth worker so there is not much sitting involved also I walk my dog.

Its been hard keeping the weight off but Ill admit I wouldnt want to do it any other way. I was 161 pounds and told I was prediabetic, had cysts, my hairloss was increasing, told i would never get pregnant, got my period every 3-6 months very painful.. and now with weight loss and management I am no longer prediabetic, cysts gone, can get pregnant, get myperiod regular and less pain if any...the only thing is the hair is taking longer than all. But I knew when I did the low carbing/ no carbing I was in for the long haul and well I was right..and its paying off!!

If you try you have a better chance at succeding than if you dont try at all!
Your cyster Court.

No comments:

Post a Comment